Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back to Work...

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break.  We had four Christmases in four days!  It was quite the whirlwind tour of Kansas.  Some of the highlights included:

1. Christmas Eve with my in-laws in Wichita - a pretty candlelight Christmas Eve Service with a living nativity  ("Look, Grandma! There's a chicken!") and my four year old nephew who got to hold his own candle...scary.

2. A yummy Christmas Day Dinner made by my Grandpa who is quite the chef.  He made Chicken Elegant and we helped with the sides by making my favorite strawberry spinach salad.

3. The day after Christmas we drove most of the day back to KC and spent the evening with my Dad and Sisters opening gifts and watching funny videos on YouTube.  And also teaching my Dad how to use his new iPod. . . Hope you were able to get your Toto CD on there, Dad!

4. On Monday we spend the afternoon at the Shawnee Mission Urgent Care Center because I couldn't get an appointment to see my doctor about horrible chest pains I was having all weekend.  So I spent an hour in the waiting room to finally be diagnosed with Pleurisy.  I got my Z-Pack and Pain Killers and was on my merry way to spend the last celebration at my Grandma's house.  It was a quick trip for us so I could go home and rest!  Here's a lovely picture of me in the doctor's office.  Isn't my husband hilarious? < / sarcasm>


Hopefully you all got some wonderful gifts and got to spend some quality time with your families and friends. . .and I especially hope it was chest-pain free!

On another note, here's a relevent article I found this morning about the crafting renaissance.  This quote from the article sums up my feelings perfectly:

"I think young people are crafting because our generation is more computer-oriented than ever, so it's even more important to us to break away from that while we aren't at work and create."

So enjoy your break if you're still off, but I'll be back to work today!

No comments: