Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Recap

I had quite the busy weekend. After failing my 1-hour glucose screening, I had to go in for the 3-hour glucose tolerance test. It was by far the least pleasant thing I've had to do so far in this pregnancy. Basically, you have to fast for 12 hours, then they draw your blood. Then you get to drink some more glucola - twice as sweet as what was given for the 1-hour screening...on an empty stomach. Then you get to wait around at a lab as they draw your blood every hour, on the hour, for three hours. Blech. It was not fun, but I survived to tell the tale. Because it made me so weak and nauseous, Saturday was pretty much a bust for me. I went home and took a four hour nap (or sugar crash) after finally getting to eat some real food.

Sunday I had planned to sleep in, but my body had other ideas and woke me up at 7am anyways.  At least there was a beautiful sunrise I snapped a picture of when I let the dog out.


Then it was on to baby shower #2 with family. It was so cute - instead of cards, everyone brought their favorite childhood book to build the library for Baby Reece. We got some good ones and some of my favorites as well!  Now we just have to figure out what to do with all the stuff...


 Yeah, and there's not even any furniture in this room yet. Oh boy...

No comments: