Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween (A Day Late) + ON THE MENU

I just wanted to share some pics of Judah's first Halloween. I originally wasn't going to dress him up, but 1.) I caved to peer pressure and 2.) I saw this adorable costume on Amazon.com and couldn't resist.  Presenting ROCKETMAN...


Everyone kept asking where his helmet was - that was the only downside of the costume, and I was too lazy to DIY one. I think he was pretty cute nonetheless.


He was a hit at the company Halloween Party.

Then we visited his grandparents & great-grandparents for "trick or treating." He got a new toy remote and we got cookies. As if we didn't have sugar :)

Mischevious look. He's fully mobile now.

That little tongue is always out. We call him Michael Jordan.
And of course, I had to bring him by my office for our company Halloween party. We decorated our departments and had a little bake-off. Which brings me to my "On The Menu" portion of this post...
ORANGE CREAMCICLE CUPCAKES. They didn't all get eaten, but they got good reviews. And I may or may not have had one for breakfast this morning.


Ingredients:
• 1 Box 2-layer white cake mix, I used Duncan Hines French Vanilla
• 1 3oz. Box Jell-O Orange Flavored Gelatin mix
• 1 Small Box Jell-O Cheesecake Instant Pudding mix
• 4 Eggs
• 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
• 1 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
• 1 Tsp. Vanilla

Frosting: I used Duncan Hines Frostings Creations in Orange Creme. I'm not a huge fan of traditional icing, but I really like this and would like to try some of their other flavors as well.

Directions:
Beat all ingredients and divide into paper-lined muffin tins. Mine made about 24. Bake at 350° for about 18 minutes. Let cool in tins on a wire rack for 5 minutes then pop them out of the tins to cool completely. Wait until the cupcakes are completely cool before frosting. Enjoy!

Hope you all had a lovely and spooky Halloween!

No comments: