Wednesday, December 5, 2012
On The Menu: Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Please forgive my instagram photo. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I couldn't resist. The only problem? My husband hates, HATES buffalo sauce. Just one of his weird quirks. So half the chicken was coated with buffalo sauce, the other half he mixed with a random assortment of toppings. Oh well, he's missing out.
This recipe is super easy and quick, and perfect football game watching food. This recipe is adapted from the one found on Pinterest from Mrs. Regueiro's Plate.
• 1 lb. (or two large) boneless skinless chicken breasts.
• 3 T. cornstarch
• 1/3 C flour
• 1 t. garlic salt
• pepper to taste
• 1/4 t. paprika
• 1/4 t. cumin
• 2-3 T. vegetable oil
• Thicker, Burrito-sized flour tortillas. We like Guerrero brand.
• Buffalo Wing Sauce - I used Frank's
• Avocado Cubes
• Ranch Dressing
• Sliced Green Onions
• Minced Cilantro
1. Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet until they are a uniform thickness (about 1/4"). Cut into 1" strips or cubes.
2. Heat your oil in a large skillet on medium. While it's heating, combine your cornstarch, flour, garlic salt, paprika, and cumin in a bowl.
3. Season your chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in the flour mixture. Place in your hot oil and fry on each side about 3 minutes. I popped mine in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350 after they were done frying to make sure they were done and not soggy.
4. When your chicken is done, toss with about 1/3 cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce.
5. Layer in your tortillas with your toppings and enjoy!