Monday, April 29, 2013
On The Menu: No Peek Beef Tips
This is one of those Pinterest recipes that sounded too easy to pass up. Plus, only a few ingredients makes this mama very happy. This recipe comes to you courtesy of the blog Mommy's Kitchen.
• 2 lbs stew meat, beef tenderloin tips, or cubed chuck roast (I used stew meat)
• 1 small can mushrooms (4-6oz.), Optional
• 1 packet dry onion soup mix
• 1 packet brown gravy mix
• 1 can cream of mushroom soup
• 1 cup water
• Preheat oven to 300° F
• Spread your meat out in a single layer in a 9x13 baking dish
• Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over beef tips. Stir to coat all pieces evenly.
• Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 300° F for 3 hours - no peeking!
• Serve over rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes - we went with rice!
We also had it with some fresh french bread - perfect for sopping up extra gravy. My only complaint about this recipe is that I found it a little salty. If I make it again I will find low sodium versions of the mixes and soup. Other than that it was a nice hearty meal that made a lot of leftovers, and reheated well over the next week.