|Original Recipe Source - Jana Laurene|
Italian Peasant Bread (Couldn't find any sourdough)
Avocado - Mashed
Thinly sliced pink lady apples
2 Bacon slices, fully cooked
Pepperjack cheese, sliced
• Preheat your panini press or you can always just use a George Forman Grill as well. Set to medium heat.
• Spread dijon mustard on both sides of your Italian or Sourdough Bread.
• Spread a little mashed avocado on both sides of the bread after that.
• Layer on however many apple slices, slices of bacon, and pepperjack cheese your bread can handle.
• Grill your panini in your press for a few minutes until your cheese is melted.
Here's my not-so-lovely photo with my extra apple slices on the side. But seriously, DELICIOUS! Makes a wonderful fresh summer panini.
On a side note - sorry about the light blogging lately. We're still trying to get back into a routine from after the trip and the long holiday weekends. BUT, I've got an exciting DIY project I hope to share with you in the next couple of weeks. Until then, à bientôt!