Tuesday, June 19, 2012

On The Menu: Goo Cake


So today I was able to fit into some pre-pregnancy shorts! But like the crazy person that I am, I decided to say, eh, whatever, and make this cake anyways. This cake has been called "Better Than Anything Cake" "Better Than Sex Cake" and "Goo Cake." And with only about 5 ingredients, it's pretty darn easy, too! I saw the original recipe on Pinterest via Chef In Training. You can click the link to the right to follow along with all the yummy recipes I find. Nikki over at Chef in Training has much better pictures of her cake and used Heath bars instead of Twix. I admit I am the world's worst food photographer.


Ingredients:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (and any ingredients it requires - usually eggs and vegetable oil)
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8oz jar of caramel sauce
- 1 8oz container of Cool Whip
- Crushed up candy bars of your choice (I think butterfingers would work the best, but Scott isn't a fan so we used Twix)



Super easy directions:
1. Bake cake in a 9x13 pan according to box directions
2. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then poke holes all over the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.


3. Let cool for a few more minutes before pouring sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce over the cake. Use the wooden spoon or a spatula to spread them both around and make sure both condensed milk and caramel gets in all of the holes.


4. When cake has cooled completely, spread on the Cool Whip.
5. Sprinkle with your choice of candy bar for a topping.


This cake is super sweet and rich, so I would recommend starting with a SMALL piece. We've discovered this is one of those cakes that gets better the longer it sits in the fridge and tastes best slightly chilled. Enjoy! I'm sorry if I ruined your plans to fit into that swimsuit...

No comments: