Friday, June 28, 2013
On The Menu: Turkey Pesto Meatballs
This is a recipe adapted from Baked Bree (her original uses 2 lbs of turkey and makes quite a bit) to serve 4 people. I like this one because you can easily adapt it - we either serve it with a marinara pasta or an alfredo pasta. This past time I made it, I happened to have a box of Butter & Garlic Pasta Roni on hand, so I took the easy way out and served the meatballs with that instead! But even this cut down version makes quite a few meatballs (about 25), so you could always freeze half if you're serving for two. This is also one of Judah's favorite meals!
1 lb. Ground Turkey
3/4 C. Bread Crumbs
1/2 C. Pesto (we buy a large jar at Costco, but you can make your own if you prefer)
1/3 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
A Handful of Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1. Set up: preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a wire cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet and spray with olive oil or pam. This allows the cooking grease to drain onto your cookie sheet and for easy clean up. It also makes it so you don't have to turn your meatballs over during cooking time.
2. Combine all meatball ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
3. Form into walnut-sized meatballs and place on wire rack on cookie sheet. I usually get between 25 - 30 meatballs.
4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
5. Serve by themselves with marinara sauce or with pasta and your choice of sauce.