Tuesday, August 6, 2013
On the Menu: Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad
I've been following Kraft on Pinterest and have to admit - they've got some great recipes! And they're all really easy, which is a nice benefit. If you click on one of their recipes, it will take you to their page so you can even make a shopping list.
This recipe for Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad has become Scott's new favorite. I love it because it doesn't heat up my kitchen. I've tried this recipe with pre-grilled strips from Tyson and also with grilled chicken that Scott made on the grill earlier in the week. Both are great options, but grilling your own chicken is definitely more economical. Also, I didn't take pictures of this one, but another recent hit in our house was this Bacon and Avocado Macaroni Salad.
Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad Ingredients:
• 2 cups cooked whole grain penne pasta
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes - quartered
• about 1/4 of a red tomato - diced
• 1 4 oz container of feta cheese - crumbled
• 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
• 1/2 lb chicken breast - grilled and cut into 1/4" strips
• A handful of fresh chopped basil if you have it, 1/2 tsp of dried basil if not
• A package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix - prepared with the "less oil" directions (you'll need oil and vinegar to mix)
Combine all ingredients and enjoy! Serve room temperature or chilled.