Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Office Re-do Reveal...Finally

So...all the way back in January I let you in on my dark secret of the awful home office. Well, it's finally done! Mostly. There are still a few projects left to tackle, but most of the work has been completed. For a reminder, here was my original plan:


And here are the before and after shots! Click on any of them to enlarge.

Looking into the room from the doorway

Scott's work area...still much messier than mine :)

My work area and solid corner of curtains
Here are a few more shots as well:

Still working on my gallery wall.
That pillow from Target was one of my original color sources for inspiration

So proud of my chair re-do. I like it a lot better than the oak wood and green pleather cushion that was there before.

I still have a few projects to complete. That cabinet in the last shot needs sanded, painted and new hardware, but I'm having trouble deciding on a color. I'd like to get some wood blinds for the windows, and there's nothing on the wall opposite the gallery wall. I was also thinking of Modge Podging the trunk under the side table. I got it at Wal-Mart over 20 years ago, so it's a piece I feel ok messing up. Furniture/Paint sources are:

1. Wall Color: Mountain Ridge by Behr, Home Depot, $35/gallon
2. Curtains are burlap, Amazon.com, $49 for a set of 2 (we ended up with 2 sets to go across the corner)
3. Faux Mercury Ball Curtain Rods are from Target - $30 each
4. I spray painted the chair with Hammered Rust-Oleum white paint - 4 cans
5. Fabric for the chair is duck cloth from Hobby Lobby
6. Rug is from Target, $80 (5x7)
7. Mirrored crackle glass lamp from World Market, $49 + $20 burlap shade
8. Art is from etsy, and the tiny watercolor is from our trip to Paris

I can honestly say I'm pretty happy with how this project turned out! Anyone have any suggestions for hiding that vacuum in the corner? We have zero storage space.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm just as impressed by your documentation of the project as I am of the project itself!
Looks great!