Thursday, September 22, 2011

DIY Craft: Fall Leaf Initial

I actually completed a project I saw on Pinterest! Look at me getting things done!  I first saw this leaf initial on Pinterest from The Thrifty Abode's website and thought, "Hey, that's cute and I could definitely do that." Aaron from The Thrifty Abode used plastic oak leaves and Elmer's spray adhesive to create her look.  I used leaves with a little bit more contrast since our front door is such a dark red, I wanted the yellows to really pop and gave it a bright golden ribbon. I used a glue gun instead of spray adhesive, because I can be kind of dangerous with sprayed chemicals. Plus, I'm pregnant and had to work inside, so I didn't want something too strong to smell.

Here's Aaron's Version:


And here's my version on a white door so I could get a picture, and our red front door:



Doesn't fall get you in the mood to start crafting?!

No comments: