Thursday, October 20, 2011

Nursery Plans

Full disclosure: I am not an interior designer. These idea boards are ones I just threw together after seeing an inspiring color palette on the Home Depot website. Feel free to help me out. Just don't tell me that my taste sucks or I'll cry. 

I'm thinking of using the same wall color regardless if it's a boy or a girl with the same white crib and glider. These boards are just a jumping off point, and will probably evolve over time and actually putting the nursery together. For a girl...

Click to enlarge

Robin's egg blue, chocolate and soft yellow with accents of brighter blue and coral. That picture in the top left is the one from the Home Depot fall style guide and kicked off my inspiration.  The wall color (background) is Behr Cloudburst. Some other sources:
1. Crib - Graco Somerset Convertible Crib available at Target
2. Glider - Graco Avalon Glider also available at Target
3. Curtains - World Market Suzani Panels
4. Lamp - Lampworks Recycled Blue Glass Cylinder from Amazon.
5. Round Storage Baskets - Perfect for storing toys, blankets, etc, available from AGKs on Etsy.
6. Pretty Throw Pillow Cover - Also available on Etsy from seller DesertDaze.
7. Handmade Plush Birdie Mobile - Another Etsy Find. Seller PrettyPlush.

Now for a boy, I'm keeping the same general thing but switching out the pops of coral to more of a focus on the soft creams, yellows and chocolates with pops of bright aqua. Also I like the idea of the accessories being more "manly" with lots of wood and wicker.

Click to Enlarge
1. Curtains - again from World Market. They have such an awesome array of styles!
2. Wicker Baskets - found this set on Amazon.com
3. Modern Wood Mobile on Etsy from seller babydarling.
4. Wooden Stacking Rings on Etsy from seller TheWoodGarden.
5. Birch Robins Egg Blue Pillow from Etsy seller buttongrass.
6. Baby Blanket - I found this baby blanket in the same fabric as the pillow from Etsy seller SewnNatural. It must be meant to be!

Feel free to leave comments and suggestions. Like I said, I'm no designer, so I welcome helpful hints!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your ideas, and I love the blue, it's a very calming and relaxing color for baby's room!

Jessica Janzen said...

I have to admit, I love the girl's room so much! I think it's the curtains that are really grabbing me but both look great!