I found this recipe on Pinterest via a blog called Jenna's Journey. She has even more step-by-step photos of this process on her blog, so head on over if you need clarification. I will note that this is not a healthy recipe, so if you're looking for that...look elsewhere. I would suggest you serve it with something green on the side, though! My recipe deviates slightly from Jenna's, so here's what I did:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- kosher sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- garlic salt to taste
- 1 tube Pilsbury butter flake crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (optional)
Note: I had way more filling than I did crescent rolls. I think the original recipe calls for the giant crescent rolls. But since we had a lot of extra filling, we piled it on top of wheat thins and ate it as a snack. I actually had to get Scott to stop eating the snack so he would have room for the meal.
- Boil chicken breasts for about 40 minutes - you can take them straight out of the freezer and into the boiling water.
- While your chicken is boiling, set out your cream cheese block to soften and add salt, pepper, garlic salt, and chives.
- Remove your chicken from the boiling water and shred into tiny pieces. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Combine chicken with your cream cheese and add in all of your shredded cheese.
- Spoon the mixture onto the tops of your flattened crescent roll triangles and roll up into little packages.
- Brush with melted butter (optional) and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes (if you're using the smaller, standard size crescent rolls).
- Enjoy while cheese is nice and melty!