Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's Resolutions


So, I don't normally make New Year's Resolutions, but I figured there is no better way to make a pact with yourself to improve your life.  I'm a little late with the New Year blog post, I realize this.  So here it goes, my list of resolutions!

1. I will not self-diagnose myself using google, WebMD, etc. This one I've already broken...BUT, no more.  I promise.  I will set aside my hypochondrianism in favor of opinions from actual doctors who will diagnose me if I am actually sick/dying/suffering from zombie apocalypse virus.

2. Be more patient.  My husband thinks I was born without patience, and this is true.  I wonder if I can buy some at Target...  But seriously, being more patient might help my lingering anxiety issues.

3. Go to Paris.  Simple enough.  We don't have kids, and we need to do one more big trip before the big "C" - that's children, not cancer.

4. Get healthy and feel better about myself.  No, this isn't one of those, "I will start working out 5 days a week and eat nothing but fruit and cayenne pepper" resolutions.  But I need to do something.  At least my husband runs with our doggies and takes them for walks.  I pretty much sit around.  I know if I just got in at least a little physical activity I would feel better and healthier.  Plus, seeing Black Swan (as crazy as it was) made me really miss ballet.

So those are my goals.  I would love to hear if anyone else has made any resolutions this year!

No comments: