So, first of all, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Here are my flowers I got from Scott on my birthday:
Now, my friend Mrs. Ruby over at Ruby Red Slippers has started "Memoir Monday" to recap her weekends, and I've been meaning to play along and do one forever, but have never gotten around to it. But I've decided to stop slacking and do a Memoir Monday. Feel free to follow along on your blog and link back to Mrs. Ruby if you do! So here it goes...
1. On Saturday I did my twice annual closet purge. Anything I haven't worn in at least six months and everything I know I'm not going to wear goes into a pile for Goodwill. I know I can never be on the show "Hoarders" because this makes me so happy to get rid of clothes and donate them to a good cause.
2. I shopped for new bedding at Marshall's. Love that place. The store was a madhouse - everyone was out and about because the weather was so nice. Here's the bedding I got:
Scott's reaction? "That a LOT of pillows." I love gray with yellow and orange - that's the theme we have in our bedroom.
3. Saturday night we watched The Social Network. It was good. Do I think it deserves to win best picture and it's the greatest movie ever made? Not so much.
4. I read an entire novel. That's right. I can't remember the last book I read where I was so eager for the outcome. I literally could not stop reading this until it was finished. It was, of course, The Hunger Games. If you have not read this, go and buy it, borrow it, whatever. Just READ IT! I'm on the bandwagon.
5. Sunday I worked on a painting while we watched TV. I'll put it up for sale in the Etsy Shop today. I love Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka, thus, the inspiration for this painting.
6. And finally, Sunday night, we shopped for all of our ingredients for our special Valentine's dinner. I'm so excited to cook tonight. Don't worry, I'll record the process and post tomorrow!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Enjoy the wonderful weather this week while we still can!