Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On The Menu: Grilled Lobster Tail with Chive Butter

I'm so excited to share the special Valentine's Day edition of "On the Menu."  Here's the run-down of what we had:

• Grilled Lobster Tail with Chive Butter
• Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
• Chocolate Lava Cake.


I got the recipe for the Lobster tail HERE. Thanks, Dariana!  They were wonderful!  We were only able to find 2 oz. tails at our local Hen House, so we bought 5 of them.  Next time hopefully we can find at least 5oz. tails. I love this recipe because it only requires 4 ingredients!


I was most nervous about actually preparing the tails to cook on the grill, but it was pretty easy:


While those were being prepared and the grill was heating up, I started on my prosciutto wrapped asparagus. I wish now that I had used just plain bacon, because I didn't quite like the flavor of the prosciutto. The original recipe I had called for cream cheese to spread on the prosciutto before wrapping the asparagus, but I used creamy swiss Laughing Cow wedges instead.  Worked just fine.


Be sure to blanch the asparagus before you wrap them in meat by boiling them for 3 minutes and immediately dunking them in ice water afterwards.  This will make your spears nice and green.


The hardest part was timing everything. I knew the asparagus would take 15 minutes to cook but the lobster wouldn't take any more than 10 because they were so little. Then we assembled everything together...


I'll admit, we didn't even make it out of the kitchen. We wanted to eat everything as fresh and warm as possible so we ate standing at the kitchen island.  Very romantic :)  Scott enjoyed playing with the empty lobster shells...


We gave ourselves about an hour to digest before I went back and assembled the chocolate lava cakes. For my past post on this amazing dessert, you can see the process and photos HERE. I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day celebrating with those you love, whether it was your spouse, partner, kids, or pet!

No comments: