Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I ♥ Free Stuff


My Valspar Paint Sample arrived yesterday and it made my afternoon!  Here's a picture of the package I received.  It included my paint sample, paint chip, complimentary paint chips, a $5 coupon, and a mini tray and roller.

Instead of painting a big square on the wall on top of our stripes, I painted two coats of the sample onto a piece of spare foam core I had lying around since Christmas.  This way I could move the piece around to different parts of the wall and see how the sample looked in different lights.  You can do the same thing with a piece of plywood. If you are a procrastinator like me and never know when you're going to start a project, it's a good way to not have fourteen squares of color on your walls for six months...



Ultimately I decided that the color was too light and too "seafoam" for my taste.  I'm looking for something a little more blue-gray and just a tad darker. But it was fun to paint with that tiny roller!  Anyone else order a free paint sample?

**Note: The opinions of this product are entirely my own and I received no compensation (other than the free sample available to everyone) from Valspar for this post.  Although, I am willing to take bribes for future posts ☺.

No comments: