Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Is Almost Here!

Is it any wonder Halloween is Martha Stewart's favorite holiday?  I LOVE the fall.  The Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks is back, the leaves start to fall, and I can finally break out the boots! Our fall and spring seasons don't last long here, so we try to cherish them while we can.  Usually, the seasons in Kansas read: Summer, Summer, Road Construction, Winter. 

So! In light of the fact that fall is officially two days away I've rounded up some fun links for you to get into the Autumn spirit!  Until it actually starts to cool off, I'm going to try and force fall by wearing my boots and cardigans. . although I'll probably just end up sweaty. . .


CRAFTS:
• I am loving this Autumnal Wreath from Martha Stewart that will last you all the way through Thanksgiving.
• I'm not usually into the "spooky" crafts, but these Spun Cobwebs are too creative to pass up.
• These jack-o-lanterns are a fun alternative to real pumpkins.

CLOTHES and ACCESSORIES:
• These riding boots from Steve Madden are a little out of my price range, but on the wishlist anyways! Love the Cognac color.
• Love the rich red of these felt handbands from Anthropologie.
• I just bought this affordable blazer from Charlotte Russe.  It has T-Shirt material on the inside and is super soft.
• Okay, this necklace is over the top, but I love that fall means you can start wearing these heavier pieces.

FOOD:
• A yummy-looking NO BAKE cheesecake.  That's right, I said No Bake.
Pumpkin Soup to kick off the season
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili.  It's football season and this is an easy one to let cook all day!

I'm excited to show you a fun pumpkin painting idea soon!  I just need to wait until the pumpkin patches are in full swing! 

No comments: