So, this is one of our favorite recipes, and I thought I'd try and make it at least one more time while it's still hot outside, since it's definitely a summertime dish. I remember when I first heard of fish tacos and thinking that it sounded disgusting. Now I prefer these shrimp tacos over chicken and beef tacos! This is one of my own recipes, and it's pretty easy and quick.
12 Hard Shell Tacos (trust me, you don't want soft tacos for this one)
1 lb Raw Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined, Tail-Off
1 Package Generic Taco Seasoning
Juice of 1/2 Lime
1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A good handful of Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 Advacado - cubed
1 Tomato - chopped
1. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, 1/2 the package of taco seasoning, and cilantro.
2. Stir in the raw shrimp and let marinade for 15-30 min.
3. While the shrimp is marinading, cube your advacado and chop your tomato - both of these are toppings for the tacos. Put in the fridge so your advacado doesn't turn brown.
4. Add in the rest of the pacakage of taco seasoning to the shrimp mixture.
5. Pour entire mixture into a skillet over medium heat. The shrimp will cook up in about 4-5 minutes. Don't overcook them - just until they're pink and opaque. You don't want chewy shrimp.
6. Load up hard taco shells with cooked shrimp, mozzarella, fresh chopped advacado and tomato and sour cream.
7. Serve with margaritas!
I'll try and get some pictures tonight of our shrimp taco dish. The combination of the soft shrimp with the crunchy shells is amazing and the warm shrimp with the cold toppings is great, too!