2 C Chicken Broth or Stock
Juice of 1 lime
1 can golden corn kernels, drained
1 can white hominy, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ white onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ C chopped fresh cilantro
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
• In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté for about 2-3 min.
• Add in the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 5-10 min.
• Add in canned corn, hominy, black beans, and chicken. Cook 3-5 min.
• Add chopped fresh cilantro and lime juice.
• If mixture is too thick, add in more broth. We like it to be kind of a hearty stew-like consistency.