Wednesday, September 22, 2010
On The Menu: Crab Bisque
This recipe is one I tweaked from Williams-Sonoma.
This makes just enough for two people.
2 Shallots, Minced
1 T butter and 1 T extra virgin olive oil
3 C chicken stock (I used Rachel Ray brand)
1 C heavy cream
6 - 8 oz lump crabmeat
1/4 C Sherry
Flat leaf parsley for garnish
Old bay seasoning to taste - about 2 tsp (a traditional seafood seasoning blend).
1. In a large stock pot, melt the butter with the oil.
2. Saute the shallots for 2 - 3 minutes on medium heat.
3. Stir in chicken stock, heavy cream, and old bay seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to low and stir in crabmeat. Heat through about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in Sherry and heat 2 - 3 minutes or until heated through.
6. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
7. Serve Immediately and garnish with flat leafed parsley.
It's better to use fresh lump crabmeat, but being in landlocked Kansas, I went to three grocery stores to find something even in the freezer isle. It still turned out pretty good and was actually pretty close to what I had in SC.