Thursday, October 21, 2010

On The Menu: Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes

CONFESSION: I have never made cupcakes before...ever.  Shocking, I know.  I'm not really a cake or cupcake person, but I found this Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake recipe and decided it needed a try.  I think the thing that convinced me was the cream cheese icing made with real strawberries.  There are much prettier pictures on the blog I pulled this recipe from, but I attempted to document my experience, as always.


This recipe made 24 cupcakes perfectly.  I did have a lot of frosting leftover though.  I also only used three cups of powdered sugar (the recipe called for 3 - 4).  I probably should have used four to thicken up the frosting, but the taste was amazing.  Also, funny side note: I attempted to use the piping bag to frost a few of the cupcakes (You can probably tell by the photos which ones). As I was filling the bag, I looked down to realize our dog, Indiana Jones, was licking the tip of the icing bag as I was filling it.  He's a smart one.  Don't worry, I put a new tip on before I frosted anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, The Cup Cakes were amazing! Anytime you feel like experimenting like that again feel free! She brought some of them to work and she's right they were FANTASTIC! Chris