Monday, October 25, 2010

Antique Finds

I've been wanting to go to the River Market Antique Mall here in KC for a while.  I've been once, but the place is so huge, I've been wanting to go back for a while.  I probably could have spent longer there, but wanted to get out without spending too much money.  While I was there I picked up a couple of brass candlesticks for an upcoming craft project and a vintage shipping crate - a Cutty Sark Whiskey crate.  I love the lettering and the image of the clipper ship.  I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, but I love the shipping crate end tables found on etsy.  The tables sell on etsy for between $250 and $350!  I got my crate for $13.  I don't think it would be too difficult to add some table legs.  Right now it's in our kitchen holding all of our hooch...appropriately.

No comments: