Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Gifts...Or Why I Will Never Win

So, Scott and I exchanged our Christmas gifts last night.  Why, you ask?  Well, for no other reason other than we get excited and want to give the other person their gift.  We never make it very long once we have each other's gift before we give in and exhange them.  This year, I got Scott this jacket:


and this woodburned art of Heath Ledger as the Joker from Etsy seller BaconFactory (because the boy loves himself some Batman):


 So I got him what I thought were pretty cool things.

What did he get me?  Oh, just 16 years of memories or so.  He spent three months putting every VHS tape of every ballet recital, choir performance, vocal recital, pom routine, etc. onto DVD for me.  Seriously, everything my family had on some really crappy video tapes onto 8 new, easy-to-navigate DVDs.  So awesome.  And while it's embarrasing to relive some of my worst hair moments and awkward years (for there were many), it seriously is the BEST gift.  And I know that Christmas is not about who gets the best gift and it's not about competition, but COME ON!  I will never win. So here's a cute picture of my hubby for your viewing pleasure:


He's laughing in triumph.


No comments: