Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DIY CRAFT: Yarn and Felt Christmas Wreath

This tutorial has been making the blog rounds lately, but as far as I can tell, the source of the original tutorial is over on Meg's Blog.  I've been looking for lots of easy crafts for the holidays, and this one fit the bill.  I remember reading about Camille's version over at High Heeled Foot in the Door and not believing her when she said it would take two hours to wrap the yarn around the wreath.  I was wrong.  In fact, it might have taken me even longer.  Anyways, you can read the full tutorials at either of those sites and see their versions of the wreath below:

It will hang on our front door, which is red, but I wanted to see the flowers a little better so I hung it on a white door as well for the photo. All you need is a straw wreath form, felt, yarn, scissors and glue (I used hot glue)
All I know is, it looks pretty cute on our dog, Indy.
This was such a cheap craft to make.  The felt sheets were 4 for $1, the straw wreath was $2, and the yarn was $5.  So, this craft cost a whopping total of $8.  Of course I managed to get out of Hobby Lobby for quite a bit more than that because I have an addiction.

No comments: