Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On The Menu: Cheesy Chicken and Vegetables in the Crock Pot

This is the exact crock pot I use.  It's a little large for just two people, but it gets the job done.

I know I haven't posted an "On The Menu" in a while.  Mainly because things have been pretty busy with us traveling and trying to sell our house.  I've been subsisting on frozen pizza and turkey pot pies...mmmm, salty.  The Crock Pot has become my savior (when I remember to get things ready the night before).  I got one from my mother-in-law last Christmas and I am always looking for new recipes.  It's hard to find Crock Pot recipes that don't serve twelve people, so I usually have to convert them to make 2-4 servings. 

This recipe is super simple and only requires 5 ingredients!  Hooray for cheap!  Here's what you need:

• 2 - 4 frozen chicken breasts
• 2 Cans Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (that's a lot of alliteration)
• 1 Can Campbell's Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
• 1 Bag of Frozen Mixed vegetables
• Minute White Rice

1. Lay the chicken breasts (whole and frozen) into the bottom of the Crock Pot or other slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, mix together the three cans of condensed soup.  Do not add water.  Pour on top of the chicken and make sure you distribute it evenly.
3. Stir in the frozen mixed vegetables.
4. Cook on low 8 hours.
5. Serve over cooked white rice.

This is pretty easy and is a nice, hot, comforting meal for the fall and winter.  I love coming home to the smell of dinner already prepared when I get home!

No comments: