Monday, November 15, 2010

On The Menu *Thanksgiving Edition* : Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

Image Via Martha Stewart
So, mine didn't turn out as pretty as the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies featured on Martha Stewart's Website.  You can find the link to the recipe (and watch the video!) HERE.  I wanted to do a dessert for our early Thanksgiving meal that wasn't traditional, but was still very much in the theme of Thanksgiving desserts.  Enter the whoopie pie.  I'm not sure why, but my cream cheese filling never really firmed up until after it sat in the fridge for about 4 hours.  Even then, when we went to eat them, the filling was really runny and got all over the place.  It was definitely an "eat with a fork" kind of dessert.  The taste, I will say, was really good and rich.  I also couldn't get my pies to be perfectly round like above.  My brother said mine looked like "crazy hamburgers" but at least they tasted good.  And that's what's important, right?!



Crazy Hamburgers.  We had a lot of extra filling, so I just piped it over the top.

No comments: