Thursday, November 11, 2010

Morning Car Rides

First of all: HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY to all of our active and former military members (and my brother of course!).  We're so proud of you all and so thankful you do what you do to protect your home as well as others. 

Second of all: I am not a morning person.  I generally don't like to be talked to until around 9 am.  When I get up in the mornings I blindly stumble into door jambs, trip over dog toys, etc.  Plus, I'm not a huge coffee drinker (green tea for me!), so it takes me a while to get going.  The drive to work can be a great time to really wake up to some great tunes.  Plus, it would be helpful to be awake on the road for other reasons as well... So, with that in mind, here are some great fast-paced songs for your morning commute.  It will make the drive go by fast, I promise!

1. "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness. Super cheesy, Freddy Mercury knock-off, but I love it.
2. "I Want to Love you Madly" by Cake.  Just a fun sing a long.
3. "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi.  Somehow seems perfect for traffic.  Plus you can't go wrong with Bon Jovi.
4. "Somebody to Love" & "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen.  Queen is the best.
5. "Anything, Anything" by The Lucky Boys Confusion.

I hope you enjoy these tracks to get you going in the mornings!  What do you like to listen to in the car?

No comments: