Tuesday, November 30, 2010

On The Menu: Triple Chocolate Cheesecake


Image Via Martha Stewart
Yeah, I know what you're all thinking, "No more food!"  I realize we're all in a food induced stupor still from Thanksgiving, but I had to share what I made for Thanksgiving dessert.  I made THIS triple chocolate cheesecake from Martha Stewart.

It was my first cheesecake and experience with a springform pan.  The process was a little more involved than I'm used to, but I got rave reviews.  And if I do say so myself, it turned out pretty darn good.  Be sure to eat SMALL slices, because this is one rich dessert.  Here's mine (as always, not as pretty as Martha's):


I didn't take pictures of the process because I was so busy trying to get everything right, I didn't want to take any focus away and ruin dessert.  I added the strawberries to cut through the richness of all that chocolate.  Next time, raspberries!  I didn't find any chocolate wafer cookies, so I substituted chocolate graham crackers for the crust.  It turned out fine.  I also made the filling with a hand mixer instead of a food processor.

I enjoy the two dogs waiting patiently for me to drop them a little morsel.  It was actually the strawberries they wanted most.  You can see the yummy crust in this picture.

No comments: